|Request Your *Free Manager/ManagerPlus SE
Introducing Manager/ManagerPlus SE v6…
Manager SE 6.5 is a new technology platform which improves upon Mitchell 1’s existing industry-standard Manager 5.9 software. Through the steady introduction of ground-breaking advancements, Manager 5.9 has for years helped to increase the productivity of thousands of repair shops like yours. The new technology groundwork of Manager SE will allow Mitchell 1 to continue far into the future with that same tradition of advancement.
What's new in Manager SE 6.5
Microsoft Windows® 8 and 64-bit operating system compatibility.
- SQL database allowing wireless connectivity.
- In addition to all the online parts catalogs available in Manager 5.9, Manager/ManagerPlus SE also integrates with many new catalogs including CARQUEST WebLink v2, Autoi (often used by Federated Auto Parts), and the MORE catalog for ordering factory dealership parts.
- VIN decoding
- Integrated credit card processing.
- Quick access buttons to tab between Management system and online repair information.
- Integrated e-mail function for easy e-mailing of estimates, repair orders, and invoices to customers.
- Custom Shop logo printed on estimates, repair orders, and invoices.
- WIP (Work in Progress) - Columns are easily sortable, searchable, and can be dragged and dropped into place.
- WIP (Work in Progress) – Individual cells can be edited on the fly.
- User definable vehicle notes categories.
- Repair Order locking to prevent two users from editing the same record at the same time.
- Online Help system and Training Videos.
- Installation and lease license extension performed via internet.
Important facts to know about converting to Manager SE 6.5
- Converting to Manager/ManagerPlus SE v6 from Manager v5 (5.7 or above) is an easy automated process, but the database conversion can take some time depending on the size of your existing database and the speed of your computer. The conversion process works in one direction only, it’s not possible to convert a SE v6 database into a v5 database.
- Manager/ManagerPlus SE is available by rental only. Ownership of the software is not an option as it was with Manager v5.
- Because of its SQL database, Manager/ManagerPlus SE requires a modern computer running Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8. Windows 2000 is not supported (Refer to System Requirements).
- Manager/ManagerPlus SE requires an “always on” internet connection for license extension. High-speed internet is required for integration with ProDemand, and online parts catalog ordering. Integration with desktop repair information or disc based parts catalogs is not an option.
- QuickBooks integration is currently under development but is not available for SE users at this time.
- Integration with 3rd party CRM programs may not be available.
Customer responsibilities in upgrade process
A customer must make the request to upgrade to Manager SE from Manager v5. Mitchell 1 is not automatically shipping upgrade discs to customers at this time.
- Before submitting a request to upgrade using the form on this website, a customer should run the system check available on this website. This system check needs to be run on each computer which will run Manager SE. The customer should not attempt to install Manager SE on computers that don’t meet minimum system requirements as the program will not run properly in that case.
- The customer must recognize that this is a significant software upgrade/installation that may take some time to perform. It is much more involved than the Winners Circle updates for Manager v5 that the customer may be familiar with installing.
- There are a number of settings that cannot be converted during the installation process due to design differences between the two systems. The customer will have to configure these settings after conversion. These are: setup of user profiles/security, selection of printers for each workstation, and selection of end-of-day reports to be printed.
- Many shop configuration settings are transferred, however, after installation the customer needs to review the Setup areas of Manager SE, including Shop Data, Standard Tables, and Standard Descriptions to ensure the product is configured as expected.
- The upgrade process is straightforward when the provided instructions are followed, and customers should be able to perform this process unassisted. However, if technical issues do arise they are likely to require the expertise of Mitchell 1’s specialized technical support staff rather than the local field sales representative. The customer must be willing to work with Mitchell 1’s technical support staff who can provide assistance over the phone and by remotely accessing the customer’s computer through the internet.
- Manager SE includes connectivity with many new catalogs. These catalogs require setup that involves the cooperative effort of the customer and the catalog provider/parts partner. Mitchell 1 tech support can assist the customer in the setup of the catalogs once the necessary credentials have been obtained from the catalog provider/parts partner.
System Requirements/System Check
Network connectivity is required if you will be using your Shop Management system on multiple computers. For network setups with access to the internet, a commercial firewall and antivirus application is highly recommended. We also recommend the services of a professional network administrator in configuring your network environment.
- Any 32 or 64-bit Edition of Microsoft ® Windows® XP SP2*, Windows Vista™ SP2*, or Windows® 7
- Commercial Grade 100 MB/sec or faster Network Card
- TCP/IP network protocol
- Wireless connectivity is supported using 802.11g or faster
- A computer dedicated to hosting the database should be considered when 5 or more concurrent workstations will be connected. Network Domains are not supported.
*Note: Windows XP and Windows Vista must be Service Pack 2 (SP2) or greater
Disclaimer: The minimum requirements listed above apply to the current set of applications.
These requirements may not be compatible with future software releases.
This page, and all contents, are Copyright (c)
Mitchell Repair Information Company, LLC. All Rights Reserved. By accessing and using Mitchell 1's web site, each user agrees that they have read and agreed to be bound by the Legal Notices
. The Mitchell 1 name is used herein by permission from Mitchell International, which has no ownership interest in Mitchell 1.